The Selection Panel will take into the following criteria in its consideration of the nominations:
- The impact of the nominee’s work or contribution in improving the understanding and respect for human rights among the community;
- The impact of the nominee’s work or contribution in eliminating social injustice as well as discriminatory attitudes and practices;
- The impact of the nominee’s work in promoting better monitoring and reporting mechanism of human rights abuses;
- The impact of the nominee’s work in creating an enabling environment conducive to the enjoyment of human rights and sustainable development;
- The amount of time and resources spent by the nominee in carrying his, her or its work;
- The risk or negative consequences faced by the nominee in the course of his, her or its work;
- The extent to which the approach employed in the work of the nominee responsive to the needs and rights of the people.